THIS WEBSITE, THE SUSSEX MOTIVE POWER DEPOTS


 HAS NOW BEEN MOVED TO A NEW SITE CALLED


IGNITING THE FLAMING OF UNITY


PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW TO TRANSFER TO THIS NEW SITE

 

 



CLICK ON THE ABOVE IMAGE TO TAKE YOU 

TO THE NEW UPDATED COMBINED AND WEBSITE


IGNITING THE FLAME OF UNITY WEBSITE


THIS WEBSITE COMBINES THE FOLLOWING WEBSITES 

THE BRIGHTON A.S.L.E.&F.,  THE BRIGHTON MOTIVE POWER DEPOTS 

& THE SUSSEX MOTIVE POWER WEBSITES


WHICH EXPLAINS THE EVOLUTION OF THE FOOTPLATE GRADES AND THE 

HISTORY OF THEIR TRADE UNIONS AND THE STRUGGLES TO IMPROVE 

THEIR WORKING LIVES 

 SELSEY


  This web page is dedicated to all enginemen who have worked at Selsey depot over the years, and it features enginemen who brought the trains of Selsey to life.

 

 

 Selsey locomotive shed was opened on the 27th August 1897 by the Hundred of Manhood & Selsey Tramway. The Selsey loco shed closed on the 19th January 1935 by the Southern Railway.

There is no known branch of A.S.L.E.F. at Selsey steam shed.

During the 1919 Railway Strike, there was a very limited service on this branch line, indicating that there was trade unions members employed on the Selsey branch line.

 Selsey Loco Shed

 

 

 

Selsey railway workers

 

Selsey railcar

 

 


Web link for a brief history of the tramway

 

 

 

free templates

Make a free website with Yola